Senior Technical Writer | 20277
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
This position reports to: Manager, Information Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is looking for Technical Writers to join our Information Development group in Hyderabad, India. We are looking for action-oriented individuals who want to be part of a great team. The Info Dev group is made up of dedicated technical communications professionals across multiple areas of expertise. Info Dev creates product documentation, troubleshooting materials, as well as contextual help and user assistance content.
Multiple positions are available at different levels. Candidates will be considered for levels appropriate to their experience and skillsets.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create product documentation for end-users and system administrators
- Author in a variety of environments, primarily DITA/XML
- Research, write and ensure the accuracy of content that covers current and future releases of our product
- Analyze current product documentation to determine usability and make improvements as indicated
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from customers and internal users
- Collaborate with other information developers to produce and share content for different types of deliverables (blogs, product documentation, knowledge base, video)
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 4+ years of proven experience writing technical documentation in English
- Experienced in DITA and topic-based writing
- Demonstrated ability to translate complicated concepts into content that is accessible to audiences with mixed levels of expertise
- Ability to learn highly-technical products quickly, using pre-release software and internal documentation
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content.
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Ability to work with geographically distributed team members and developers
- Motivation and ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
- Familiarity with IT service management software (ITSM), PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience with cloud management software products is preferred, but not required
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.