Senior Technical Support Engineer, APJ Delivery Support | 25853
Senior Technical Support Engineer - Platform Technologies
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the Servicenow.com technical support team. This includes being the last point of escalation within the customer support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the Service-No w.com platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the most difficult technical issues.
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Must have solid object oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle. Linux and/or UNIX experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration.
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Experience with troubleshooting tools: Wireshark, traceroute.
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and the ITIL business process.
The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent and has had a developer role for more than 2 years. Strong interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a gr owing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we gr o w. Relocation assistance will be considered.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.