Senior Software Engineer | 22846
Job Title: Fullstack Java Engineer
This position reports to: Manager – Big Data Analytics India (Cost Center 6320)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build highly reliable and scalable cloud based applications
- Solve real world complex problems at scale on the ServiceNow platform
- Examples of past and previous projects include implementing support for multiple databases, automated error detection and self-healing, instrumentation of the ServiceNow platform to provide new insight into performance problems
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Be part of a world class engineering organization that takes pride in building extensible and resilient engineering solutions
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
- Work in an Agile Framework based environment with bright and forward-thinking developers and quality engineers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of software engineering with a firm understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software with a particular emphasis on Java. Advanced level proficiency in Java programming needed.
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of: MySQL,Oracle, MS SQLServer
- Experience designing and implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Experience in application development building enterprise-grade applications in a high transaction environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Experience designing & building scalable web services.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.