Senior Manager, Workplace Services - Bay Area | 24045
Job Title: Senior Manager, Workplace Services – SF Bay Area
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, Workplace Services - AMER
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Our Real Estate & Workplace Services team is responsible for curating and sustaining our unique ServiceNow work environments around the world, helping to bring our Purpose to life in the physical sense. We are responsible for the full life cycle of our physical workplaces, from ‘ideation to expiration’, and we are a key influencer of the employee experience by way of our workspaces, services and amenities.
As Sr. Manager, Workplace Services – Bay Area, you will lead operations at our world headquarters in Santa Clara, as well as offices in San Francisco and Pleasanton, currently serving 2,500 employees occupying 650k square feet. Leading headquarters and the Bay Area will afford you the opportunity to be an influential leader across the Real Estate & Workplace Services.
You will be both execution focused, helping to ensure our day-to-day business runs the way it should, and strategy focused, helping to ensure we are contributing to the long-term health of ServiceNow; you will move between these elevations frequently.
- Effectively manage an existing team made up of both employees and embedded service partners, and ensure this team is, and remains, optimally sized and skilled, and scales to meet the company’s growth over the next several years
- Lead a team, developing and delivering employee experience programs including but not limited to: Food & Beverage, Fitness, Transportation, Meeting & Events, and Amenities and Perks
- Develop a thoughtful and comprehensive workplace program based on ServiceNow’s short and long-term business needs, align with company and department mission to provide a simple, yet operationally excellent and productive workplace for our employees
- Be a key component of our campus expansion in Santa Clara as we add multiple buildings and nearly double our size
- Manage strategic planning for moves, adds, and changes (MAC) in coordination with space planning/occupancy
- Manage a team to support move related requests and work cross functionally to ensure Workplace Services and business units are kept up to date on activity
- Responsible for the management of vendor service contracts, periodic and ongoing performance & financial review, conducting RFP’s, and assuring performance of team, including service providers
- Be a key partner to the business and other internal organizations such as Global Talent, IT, Communications and Branding to help drive collaboration, strategy, problem solving and communications
- Be a key partner to, and customer of, our Planning & Design, Facilities Management Operations, Safety & Security and Project Management program offices within the Bay Area
- Work very closely with senior leaders to deliver all workplace related services with the utmost level of customer service and attention to detail
- Build strong internal relationships with ServiceNow employees, office stakeholders; specifically, Legal, Finance, IT, and Global Talent to foster a positive employee experience
- Operate like Workplace Services is your business and your product; think like a product manager and a general manager
- Be an employee experience advocate and a builder of employee-centric communities, all in the spirit of driving employee success and engagement across the Americas
- Own both your OpEx and CapEx budgets and deliver results within articulated targets
- Be a servant-leader who comes equipped to build and maintain a world class team of both employees and service partners
- Have 5-8 years of demonstrated success in the strategic and operational aspects of facilities management, project management and workplace services in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Exhibit strong analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills. Be a proven creative thinker with a problem-solving approach
- Have an excellent track record of establishing relationships, influencing and negotiating competing priorities among business partners
- Have a proven ability to deliver concise and simple written and verbal communications to cross functional stakeholders and executives
- Have an evolving knowledge of commercial and corporate real estate with the willingness to become an expert
- Have an excellent grasp of business-oriented financial concepts, financial analysis, budget formulation, and business case development
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.