Business Process Architecture Leader | 24388
Business Process Architect Leader
Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Head of Operational Excellence
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Business Process Architect will lead strategic process improvement initiatives across projects and business functions to optimize experience, streamline flow, and improve overall effectiveness. He/she understands best practices regarding business performance improvement and process design to evaluate and assess gaps and opportunities. The Business Process Architect will work closely with business stakeholders to develop and manage an integrated view of the enterprise business processes. This will be used to inform enterprise investment in strategic programs, aid in determining what capabilities the enterprise must develop in order to achieve company priorities and desired outcomes and improve cross functional processes. He/she will also coach and mentor process architects and analysts within each one of the business functions.
As the Business Process Architect, you will be regarded as the subject matter expert (SME) in all matters related to enterprise business process architecture, design and definition. Together with the Head of Operational Excellence, you will facilitate a proactive and structured approach to assessing, planning, and defining business processes for strategic programs, ensuring strategic alignment and enabling congruence across programs simultaneously. You are expected to be strategic in your thinking and work with business stakeholders to define and optimize processes across the organization. You must be creative, flexible, driven to succeed and committed to continuous learning and remaining at the forefront of your area of expertise. In addition to driving business process rigor, you need to understand the core value chain of the software business to surface interdependencies and aid in the prioritization of process scope for definition and improvement across the enterprise.
- Develop a process architecture strategy and methodology for capturing the key process views of the enterprise
- Work closely with the enterprise architecture team to provide alignment with enterprise architecture direction
- Work closely with Program Managers and Change Management Leaders to align activities
- Define and manage the set of strategic end-to-end business processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries
- Work with the wider organization to define enterprise business process standards (format, tools, roles)
- Provide input to and maintain the enterprise-wide policies and capabilities roadmap
- Understand BPM modeling notation, such as BPMN
- Drive continuous improvement, coaching and training of yourself and the team to remain relevant in process modeling and business architecture discipline
- Develop and evaluate performance to measure process improvement outcomes and their alignment with strategic program objectives
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the area of Business Process Management, managing a process team and/or business architecture group
- Direct experience structuring and leading process improvement, designing and defining processes and workflow modeling across all levels (processes, sub-processes, activities, tasks, methods and procedures)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in enterprise software or similar industry, with a broad understanding of the business
- Experience in multiple cross-functional business process areas
- Proven understanding of architectural concepts (data, technical, & solution), issues, and trends
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Experience in the use process improvement methodologies, such as Lean or Six Sigma, and related approaches, such as Kaizens and Root Cause Analysis
- Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP®) or Certified Business Process Leader (CBPL™) Qualification is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or Engineering preferred
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.