Senior Staff Quality Engineer | 28194
Senior Staff Quality Engineer
ServiceNow is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo—people who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
As a Senior Staff Quality Engineer, you will be a key member of the Platform and AI team driving the quality of the products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the features and services provided to the company's product engineering organizations with thousands of software engineers. This is a fast-paced, impactful role and ensures we build the most advanced systems in the industry.
What you get to do in this role:
- Maintain and continuously develop existing automation test frameworks.
- Identify new areas for automation.
- Build new testing frameworks using various platforms and technologies.
- Collect and report quality metrics from test execution.
- Evaluate applied approaches and strategies for automated testing and find areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with developers, architects and DevOps to design specific testing strategies for features being developed and automate them.
- Lead and mentor junior team members.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers.
- Generate comprehensive test plans, execute and automate them.
- Support engineering organizations in troubleshooting and/or addressing issues with applications and dev/test environments.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or higher
- 10+ years of experience in QA/Testing and hands-on experience with Java/OOP programming.
- 8+ years of experience working within a wide variety of automated and performance testing frameworks, including Java, JUnit, JMeter, Selenium, TestNG, and other open-source projects.
- Experience designing test automation frameworks and running them at scale
- Experience in the implementation of performance and stability test suites for backend systems
- Possess a solid understanding of CI/CD and SDLC/TDLC concepts: code review best practices, code coverage analysis, unit testing, continuous test, and delivery
- Experience with SQL databases, data abstraction layers and object-oriented data architecture, to construct queries, analyze schema and records.
- Drive root cause analysis investigations and postmortems for defects and regressions
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making.
- Strong aptitude and helpful attitude in providing excellent support to cross-functional organizations.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.