Contract & Program Specialist, State & Local Government | 28152
Title: Contracting & Program Specialist, State & Local Government
Location: Waltham MA or Vienna VA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
This dynamic, high-energy individual is a member of our US Government Contracting Program Management Office. Supporting our State and Local Government sales teams, you get to do the following:
- Develop, document and/or enhance new business contract processes to support the growing and changing business requirements and needs of the State-Local business
- Engage with Sales, Legal, Finance, Sales Operations, Deals Desk, Revenue and IT on contracts-related requirements, issues and business processes
- Work on complex, special projects with internal and external stakeholders to build and support go-to-market programs for State-Local
- Identify and develop funding sources and contracts for relevant business opportunities
- Work with Legal and proposals team in pursuit of those contracts where applicable
- Train internal and external groups, including developing the necessary training materials
Leadership and oversight
- Contribute to key sales planning activities, including large deal reviews, account planning, and health checks
- Owner of the process and structures with Deal desk and Pricing on pricing strategies specific to the verticals and large deals for state and local
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
Minimum 8 years’ experience:
- Managing all aspects of contract compliance with State and Local Government customers, including working with rules of procurement and channel partners
- Either in a procurement, financial operations, contract support, or proposals organization where significant responsibility is to align with legal in structure on contract terms and conditions and finance on sound principles of deal pricing for government.
- Self-starter, who can think and work independently with little supervision
- Strong time management skills, works effectively under pressure and against multiple deadlines while meeting goals and objectives
- Demonstrated operations management experience, including process improvements (systems, tools and documentation)
- Experience managing strategic relationships and resolving complex issues with government buyers
- Team player who builds strong, collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Able to work virtually with cross-functional teams on large projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment where change is a constant
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as influencing and advanced presentation skills
- BS in Business, Finance, Paralegal or related field
- MBA a plus AND/OR PMP, Contract Management certification a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.