Senior Software Quality Engineer | 31874
Job Title: Software Quality Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA or Santa Clara, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will be a key member of the Quality Engineering team driving the quality of our products and services to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an important impact on the cloud platform team. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest quality testing frameworks and tools using Java, Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium and more.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Hands-on experience with Java development using Object Oriented methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, including Java, JUnit, Selenium, TestNG and other open-source projects.
- Proven experience in leading quality engineering efforts within an engineering team
- Self-starter and possess strong self-motivation
- Proven ability to drive cross-team technical discussions and decision making
- Desire to interact with many different software development teams to develop, test, deploy and report on product performance, quality, security and stability.
- Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes.
- 4+ years professional experience in quality assurance or application development.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to create, execute and maintain scripts and tools for various testing frameworks.
- Experience with the agile methodology for software development teams.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Understanding of software as a service delivery and/or web based delivery model.
- Experience with relational and flat database architecture and schema designs.
- Experience with Linux / UNIX platform based deployments.
- Ability to travel periodically
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.