Senior Technical Consultant - Sec Ops/GRC | 33861
Job Title: Senior Technical Consultant
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow work with our customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance that accelerates their success. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by realising the value of their ServiceNow investment.
The role of the Senior Technical Consultant is to bring their deep understanding of their area of specialty to influence and proactively execute the implementation of our product as a key member of the overall implementation project team. The overall objective of the role is to use expert inquiry to gain a deep understanding of the customer's desired outcomes and pair their expertise to ensure the implementation drives towards the right business outcome. The successful candidate for this role will consult with customer Information Security and/or Risk, Compliance and Audit teams, to understand their processes and ensure successful ServiceNow implementation.
What you get to do in this role:
- Use your excellent communication skills to lead all the technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including presenting technical and business concepts to a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be a key member of our expert team and will configure Applications, Workflows and UI and use your customer centric interpersonal skills to work in culturally diverse, matrixed project teams.
- You will bring gravitas to customer meetings and workshops and be able to identify customer use cases, requirements and other relevant inputs for the overall success of the deployment.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute your innovation ideas for best practices, service offerings, and implementation methodology to the wider global team in customer outcomes as well as our Security and Risk product team.
- You will use your passion for leadership and knowledge sharing to guide and mentor both colleagues, customers and our delivery partners in configuration best practices for the Security and Risk application suites.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding, coupled with demonstrated experience in influencing and consulting. You will also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Networking and Security technologies: SIEM, IDS /IPS, vulnerability scanning or patch management, end-point protection, breach detection, and threat management.
- Actively participation in industry collectives and is a contributor to the Security community.
- Experience in security frameworks like NIST 800-61, ISO27000, ISO31000, SANS, STIX/TAXII, MISP, MITRE ATT&CK etc.
- Experience working in a large government or corporate enterprise environment.
- Cyber Security and / or Risk, Compliance or Audit certifications are desired: CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, CEH, SANS, ISC2, Comptia Security+, CRISC.
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Security/Risk Management or Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50% per year.
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [[email protected]] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.