Principal Software Engineer | 30242
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll leverage your extensive experience in Software Engineering to improve tooling and increase productivity. You’ll help develop roadmaps and detailed implementation plans for different engineering processes, workflows, and tooling updates. You’ll be working on some of our highly visible initiatives for streamlining the CI/CD pipeline, tooling that supports our SDLC, expansion of Test Automation, and maximizing Test Coverage.
This role requires commitment to our customers in delivery of a high quality, scalable, and sustainable business platform while keeping aligning with company and Engineering organization priorities. A successful candidate will understand the software development lifecycle and complexities of system integrations, develop best practices, procedures, and enable continuous tooling improvements. The role requires ability to work at the detailed level of a development team as well as at a strategic level with leadership across QE org. The role provides opportunity for growth individually and as part of a large Engineering group through tackling enterprise process and tooling challenges.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be a leader in architecting and implementing solutions, frameworks, and processes for our organization
- Analyze and grow existing processes and tooling, identify and reduce bottlenecks and gaps, and help define and drive Test Strategies
- Collaborate with Management and Individual Contributors across different Engineering, Quality, Product, and Program Management teams
- Document and present technical solutions to Leadership across Business and Engineering groups
- Provide working prototypes to confirm the feasibility of technical solutions
- Contribute in all phases of software development including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, delivery, support, etc.
- Mentor the team on best practices for implementing scalable enterprise
- Champion ServiceNow culture as a collaborative problem-solver in technical and organization challenges of scale
- Continuously challenge the status quo of both processes and available technology solutions while offering practical plans to realize improvement
- Always deliver an outstanding experience for our customers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in software or quality engineering in large technology organizations, with 2+ years being in a recent Architect-level position
- Thorough understanding of software OOP design, development, testing, and CI/CD automation principles
- A strong track record of solution delivery for large software engineering organizations
- Strong analytical background, business data analysis, and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence without direct authority
- Detail-oriented and data-driven problem solver who can make decisions under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to motivate and inspire a highly skilled team of diverse skill sets
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead a team of many levels of experience
Knowledge of ServiceNow Platform a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.