IT Business Management Senior Consultant | 26414
IT Business Management Senior Technical Consultant
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The IT Business Management Senior Technical Consultant helps customers achieve desired business outcomes, providing industry experience based on thousands of successful implementations. They close any gaps in understanding between the business needs and technical capabilities, and then define the appropriate technical approach to achieve desired business results.
The IT Business Management Senior Technical Consultant acts a trusted technical advisor and provides leadership, mentoring, and guidance focused on value-based process improvement and advising on proper KPI’s to drive the next level of process maturity for our customers.
The IT Business Management Senior Technical Consultant acts as a mentor and guide when required by supporting others on the engagement to discover and understand why a solution is the correct solution, rather than simply providing answers to questions. The end result is that the mentee is able to solve other similar problems unassisted rather than having to return for more answers
The IT Business Management Senior Consultant will be responsible for understanding customers’ business problems and current processes. Using this knowledge and the wisdom of past successes, the Senior Technical Consultant will evaluate, position, design, and lead implementation of the right solutions to solve customer’s business problems, as well as identify and coach customers on better ways of working.
The solutions IT Business Management Senior Technical Consultant provides is encapsulated in domains such as Project and Portfolio Management (PPM), Demand Management, Test Management, and Ideation. Also, the consultant will provide Business Process Guidance to customers, identifying opportunities to optimize customers’ usage of ServiceNow, weighting risk vs. value in transformation, & ensuring optimal value is achieved in their use of ServiceNow’s Products.
What you get to do in this role:
- Listen and understand customers’ business challenges in the context of Digital Transformation & IT Business Management
- Deliver technical guidance and facilitate business process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Identify, position, communicate, effectively the right solutions to solve customers’ IT Business Management problems
- Advise as Subject Matter Expert and Trusted Technical Advisor on the Project and Portfolio Management Capabilities and Best Practices
- Lead Testing and Customer Acceptance Activities
- Contribute to the technical leadership of the Project and Portfolio Management Communities of Excellence
- Develop and utilize platform knowledge and expertise in:
- Workflow Configuration
- Application UI Configuration
- Design and implementation of client specific functional requirements
- Development of client specific reporting and integration requirements
- IT Business Management configuration optimization
- Ensure Practice deliverables to GEO Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, of high quality, on time and deliver benefits
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Expert Services business processes as well as the maturing of the IT Business Management portfolio, capabilities, expertise, best practices and solutions
- Coach and mentoring of others and responsible for their career development, education and certification commensurate with the requirements of the practice strategy
- Interface with ServiceNow technical teams, such as Cloud Infrastructure, to successfully set up the SaaS podium
- Domestic and International travel required up to 75%
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent business qualification through experience
- Proven experience in defining and deploying 'to be' best practice processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective
- Experience in consulting with clients and assistance with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Technical experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, and technical delivery
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems and all key technical decisions
- Desired certifications include:
- ServiceNow Administrator
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or Advanced ITIL Certifications
- SCRUM, Agile, and/or Scaled Agile
- CAPM or Prince2 Certification
- Experience in working with Enterprise IT software (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce, SAP, CA Clarity, Planview)
- Experience in IT Business Management Process Design, Guidance, and Best Practices
- Experience working within Agile or Scaled Agile frameworks
- Fluent German & English speaking is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.