Principal Outbound Product Manager | 31287
Principal Outbound Product Manager, Spend
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Join a new, fast growing product team at ServiceNow and help shape the future of procurement and finance! Together we will transform employee experiences and make work seamless, integrated and efficient across the Office of the CFO. Here is what is important to us: (1) building relationships based on trust (2) owning and executing your personal and team objectives with grit and passion (3) adopt a growth mindset in relentless desire to help better our customers, our team and yourself.
The Principal Outbound Product Manager resides within the Product Organization. This role is extraordinarily collaborative, working not only with peer inbound and outbound product managers, but also cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Customer Outcomes, and Alliance & Channels.
If you are passionate about leading the product’s strategy, getting to know its customer and user personas, and developing the tools and campaigns that the company will use to introduce and sell this product to the market, this role is for you!
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the Voice of the Customer:
Build relationships with customers through early adopter programs, executive briefings, and more to understand their pain-points and vision. Demo and present at conferences and sales calls. Champion the customer to the rest of the product management, sales and marketing organization to influence strategic direction of the business.
- Develop Product Strategy:
Evaluate competitive and market data to develop a point of view on product priorities. Write business cases for investments and deliver these insights in senior level management meetings. Brief analysts to ensure comprehensive understanding of the product’s market position.
- Drive Go to Market Activities:
Work cross functionally with marketing, sales and the rest of the go-to-market team to define and execute release delivery plans. Develop core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Create and Grow Partnerships:
Explore and pitch inorganic methods of providing solutions which solve problems for customers. Create a strategy for technical and strategic partnerships which further the product team’s goals.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate should:
- 5+ years of outbound product management or product marketing experience in a Finance related market, including Source-to-Settle, eProcurement, Procure-to-Pay, or a related function is required. A finance practitioner with a demonstrated passion for growing and evolving their field should also apply.
- Be comfortable and thrive presenting to large audiences as well as be able to go-deep 1:1 with customers.
- Think strategically, learn fast and communicate with impact.
- Have demonstrated past experience defining paths to market for new products, applications or features as well as the successful execution of that go to market strategy.
- Have experience creating engaging and educating content. Types of content could include, but is not limited to, presentations, datasheets, whitepapers, infographics, and videos.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems.
- Be willing to travel up to 30% of the year.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.