Data Center Operations Technician | 22240
Data Center Operations Engineer
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Sitting in the center of our cloud, the Cloud Infrastructure team is building the infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) that is the basis for all services offered by ServiceNow to our enterprise IT customers. We are laser-focused on building an innovative, scalable and feature-rich IaaS for enterprise IT.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud infrastructure engineers on the planet. We have offices in Amsterdam, London, Kirkland, San Diego, San Francisco and Santa Clara and work as a distributed team.
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure team and make your mark building the industry-leading Enterprise IT Cloud!
As a Data Center Operations Engineer, you will be a member of the Service Engineering team that is responsible for global infrastructure design, standards, operations and architecture. You will:
Use your experience in data center operations to implement, communicate, execute and assist with procedures including day to day operations, asset management, deployments and hardware break- fix.
Take part in documentation and evangelize a catalog of standards and best practices for data center operations.
Function as the primary point of contact and be accountable for all vendors who operate inside of our data centers.
- Minimum two years of experience in data centers operations with a record of increasing role responsibility.
- Installation of pre-integrated racks, individual servers and network appliances including stacking, wiring, cable managing and equipment labeling.
- Perform basic hands-on hardware break-fix with servers and network appliances.
- General knowledge of data center facilities and infrastructure including power, HVAC, structured cabling, rack management and security.
- Working knowledge of networking/server architecture and hardware.
- Experience managing vendors in a data center environment.
- Process oriented and experienced in process development.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to multi-task several unrelated issues.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- General documentation skills with particular emphasis on technical processes and standards.
- Knowledge and experience in ITIL process methodologies a plus.
- Proven ability to function independently in ambiguous situations with a record of success.
- Excellent communication, customer focus, problem solving, conflict management, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to pass a Federal background check.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.