Staff Software Engineer, Security Operations Products | 28102
Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, Santa Clara CA
This position reports to: Director of Engineering, Security Products Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re now applying that disruptive thinking to the way people work on cyber security problems. We are poised to change the security landscape by providing every enterprise the tools to respond quickly to cyber security breach and the threat intelligence and analytics to drastically speed up cyber security threat detection and resolution.
We Are Looking For:
You are an experienced full stack software engineer passionate about building scalable cloud products and genuinely excited about new technologies (AI, Machine Learning, Correlation & Data Visualization of large machine data) to optimize the user experience and ready to push the boundaries of what is achievable. You are looking for challenges and opportunities and have the ability and desire to bring new ideas. You are a team player and will work with other experienced co-workers to help us evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome user experience for our customers.
In this hands-on role, you will work closely with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of scalable & performant high-quality products to our users. You will be working in a collaborative team using agile software development methodology. Your design and implementation will also need to ensure security, integrity and consistency of critical user and customer data.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop & implement AI and machine learning for security incident response and threat intelligence uses cases
- Write clean, scalable and reusable code and build quality by enforcing best software engineering architecture pattern (micro services) & practice (Code Reviews, Unit testing, code coverage….)
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, creative designers and developers
- Refactor older applications into modern reusable components
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help sharing knowledge
- Build leading edge security products
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Researched and implemented deep learning, machine learning and data science approaches to solve business problems.
- Build V1 of AI models and present results to data scientist and non-technical business users.
- Experience building scalable & performant data lake from disparate data source (SIEM, enterprise logs and applications…)
- Hands on proficiency with cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Services, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with centralized logging services such as LogEntries, SumoLogic, or Splunk.
- Experienced with Agile development (Scrum)
- Strong experience gathering requirements. Ability to work with business users and customers.
- 10+ years as a software developer
- A continuous desired to innovate, learn and progress.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.