Manager, Workplace Services Japan | 21463
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo—people who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
ServiceNow Workplace Services (WPS) is responsible for creating and managing a network of physical workplaces around the globe. We Plan, Acquire, Design, Build, and Operate our workspaces, then we rinse and repeat.
We endeavor to be a contributor to the overall Employee Experience at ServiceNow, and we are closely linked in that endeavor with Human Resources and IT.
ServiceNow is looking for an experienced Workplace Manager for its Japan office. Based out of Tokyo, the incumbent will be responsible for the facilities management of all ServiceNow offices in Japan. The role calls for a mature individual who can lead the facilities team to provide work spaces that are safe, well-functioning and problem-free.
- Ensure that the company’s facilities meet government regulations, environmental, health and security standards.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the company’s building projects, renovations, refurbishments and installation of facilities and services.
- Manage the repair, maintenance and replacement of office equipment, appliances, furniture, furnishings etc.
- Source for and supervise contractors and providers of services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, stationery and other office supplies.
- Coach and mentor all direct reports.
- Ensure that the company’s premises and facilities are well-maintained and employees’ daily miscellaneous requirements are looked after.
- Provide admin-related information and supervise general admin activities such as verification of stationery and pantry stock, petty cash, courier, florist, pest control, housekeeping etc.
- Work with Procurement/Legal team to make sure that all supplier contracts are in the company’s interests.
- Plan, manage and monitor budgets with an eye on cost-effectiveness, and where applicable, in relation to cost variance.
- Take full charge of any office relocation.
- Participate actively in the leadership team’s strategic business planning sessions.
- Allocate and manage office space in consultation with senior management.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or other relevant position.
- Well-versed in dealing with Japanese government regulations, procedures and processes.
- Adept at managing administrative details involving the purchasing of equipment and the awarding of service contracts.
- Good written and oral communication and influencing skills.
- Capable of analyzing and solving varied problems.
- Able to make good decisions, even in times of stress.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Able to work well with, manage and lead the facilities team as well as other ad-hoc project teams.
- Be attentive to detail without ignoring the bigger picture.
- Believe in good customer service.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise and handle a complex, varied workload.
- Good IT knowledge.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.