QA and Automation Manager | 20572
QA and Automation Manager
Location: Santa Clara (HQ)
This position reports to: Director, Marketing Technology
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking a Senior QA and Automation Lead who has a strong interpersonal and communications skills to join our Marketing Technology team.
What you get to do in this role:
The QA lead will examine, validate and test software systems to ensure that developed products and services are scalable and reliable. This role will also define the testing process, release management strategy, performance monitoring strategy, automation strategy for the team and leading the development of the team’s Automation Framework.
This is a lead position and an exciting opportunity to set up company’s QA Automation strategy. You are willing to quickly learn new technical areas with each new technology stack, be flexible and able to overcome obstacles. We value QA engineers are those who can continuously learn new technologies and tools, solve problems, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Quickly ramp up and gain relevant Martech and WCMS technology knowledge
- Provide leadership in defining the automation methodologies, strategies, standards, tools, best practices for automation processes.
- Define performance monitoring strategy and enforcing best practices
- Performs routine performance and chaos testing tasks
- Define architecture, design, and implementation of the QA Automation and Performance testing Framework
- Create, advocate and coach test automation best practices to team members
- Analyze existing systems which may lack formal technical requirements, develop full test strategies
- Design, automate, and execute tests
- Report and drive increased test automation coverage in all areas
- Design and code review automation tests and automation scripts
- Integrate several test platforms and languages
- Set goals with the team, prioritize tasks, and own deliverables
- Communicate and coordinate with Development team, Project Managers, and external stakeholders
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5 + years experience with one or more object-oriented programming language (JAVA, Python, Objective C, etc…)
- Experience building automation and performance testing frameworks
- Develop automation Roadmap
- Develop performance guideline
- Experience with performance measures for responsiveness, bandwidth, memory, CPU, and accuracy
- Integrate with existing infrastructure to develop/maintain a continuous build and test cycle.
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, working closely with software developers
- Expertise with Linux, Mac and Windows; experience with terminal commands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI software
- Experience with Git or other source control tools and good understanding of Version control, merging, branching.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.