Senior Tableau Developer | 23788
Job Title: Senior Tableau Developer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Conceive and build interactive data visualizations; work with business to tease out the best stories to tell from a given dataset
- Break down complex, multi-part data sets into digestible pieces for audience through innovative storytelling devices that visually summarize large concepts
- Build new forms of storytelling devices to illustrate ideas that aren’t best communicated with text alone
- Keep abreast of trends in digital storytelling, as well as programming techniques
- Collaborate with analysts, developers and leadership
- Web application experience.
- UX/UI of mobile applications preferred.
- Design, develop, test and implement operational reports, scorecards, benchmarks and executive level dashboards in Tableau.
- Develop UI mock-ups, storyboards, flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Serve as the subject matter expert, mastering existing BI tool capabilities as well as future enhancements as they become available, in order to continually improve our business intelligence offerings.
- Collaborate with Lead Analyst to implement and maintain security of the business intelligence environment both in terms of access and data.
- Responsible for troubleshooting data issues and conducting root cause analysis when reporting data is in question.
- Documentation of projects artifacts and train end-users for better adoption.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BA, BS, or BFA in computer science, design, statistics
- Portfolio of data visualizations / code builds that demonstrate strength in theory and implementation
- Should be able to set standards, define templates etc. to promote reusability and establish standards.
- 2-3 years of documented experience as a BI developer in both data warehouse and BI technologies (Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy)
- 2-3 years Tableau Development and Administration experience is a must.
- Expertise in database design & development & SQL on HANA/Oracle/SQL Server is a plus
- Strong SQL skill is a must.
- Experience in ad-hoc data analysis, solution design, reporting & dashboard development, understanding of statistics/R
- Prior ServiceNow platform experience is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work individually and in a broader geographically disperse team
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.