Deal Desk Specialist | 31248
Job Title: Deal Desk Specialist
Location: This position will be based onsite at one of our offices in Santa Clara, CA, San Diego, CA, Vienna, VA or Waltham, MA.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
Come join the Americas Deal Desk and work with individuals from multiple functional areas to help Sales close meaningful revenue deals. Work with Sales, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Pricing Strategy, Product Management, and Licensing & Use Verification to name a few. The Deal Desk team is responsible for actively working with these cross functional teams by taking a lead advisory role in proposing viable deal structures for our customers while addressing the needs of internal corporate stakeholders, maximizing revenue, and helping increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams.
This role will collaborate with the field sales organization and others to close complex, non-standard revenue deals in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work as a liaison between multiple functional groups to help facilitate deal closure
- Advise to ensure that resolution of customer satisfaction issues align with customer needs and company business strategies and policies
- Advise to ensure contract pricing represent a fair value of exchange for both ServiceNow and customers
- Assist on projects such as CPQ implementation
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, or revenue accounting role; software/SaaS experience an advantage
- Home based in Santa Clara, CA, San Diego, CA, Vienna, VA or Waltham, MA
- BS, MBA Business Administration, or CPA
- The ability to apply revenue recognition accounting principles to draft and review contract language
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to read, interpret, and draft business terms and conditions
- Strong logic and analytical abilities
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, and dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.