Senior Indirect Tax Analyst | 22067
Senior Indirect Tax Analyst
This position reports to: Indirect Tax Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst to join its tax team. You will be responsible for preparing U.S indirect taxes of sales & use, property taxes, Canada GST/HST, and state/local controversy issues. This includes but not limited to ensuring timely filing and payment of all returns and accounting matters related to indirect tax. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and to work closely and proactively with numerous functional teams across our organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Preparation of tax compliance reporting including state & local indirect taxes, sales and use tax, property tax and Canadian GST and HST
- Work with outside providers to ensure timely, completion and accuracy of tax filings, extensions and payments
- Assist in the tax controversy process for state and local tax audits and notices
- Prepare the monthly tax accounting reconciliations and analysis related to state and sales & use taxes and property taxes
- Work closely and proactively with business partners within the company to understand operational goals and objectives and to ensure tax needs are identified, considered and communicated
- Work on additional sales & use tax and property tax projects as assigned
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Business or related field
- 4-7 years of related corporate tax experience with a national accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Exceptional accounting, finance and analytical skills
- Knowledge of state and local tax rules and regulations
- Experience working with tax software platforms and ERP systems. Familiarity with SAP and indirect tax systems a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate tax requirements to functional groups throughout the company
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.