Director, Community Engagement | 24523
Director, Community Engagement
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better. ServiceNow is the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1B ($2B+ current run rate), is growing at 40% year on year, and employs a workforce north of 6,000 globally. For more information, please go to: www.servicenow.com
We are looking for a passionate and strategic leader to define and build the future of the ServiceNow online Community in collaboration with an expert team of direct reports and network of highly invested stakeholders. The ServiceNow Community is thriving today as an effective hub for customer self-help and the go-to destination for online peer-to-peer knowledge sharing where customer experts also build their professional reputations. The Director, Community Engagement will lead the charge to grow and evolve it in a way that delights and serves our customers and optimizes Community benefits in the context of our overall customer-focused ecosystem.
The ServiceNow online community is built on our own platform which allows for big ideas to become a reality. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate, experienced Community leader to make a big impact for a large and highly engaged customer base.
- Define the go-forward vision, strategy and plan for the ServiceNow online community including KPIs, interdependencies and tradeoffs required to optimize impact and value for customers
- Clearly articulate our leadership position and create a clear narrative regarding the purpose of our community and how our metrics demonstrate related impact
- Lead a lean team of direct reports and personally drive key elements to execute against strategy
- Engage with ServiceNow and Community core users to understand their needs and to stay connected to their experience in order to optimize evolution of Community
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders and companion teams that run related initiatives to ensure strategy alignment and that connections are optimized among customer-facing channels
- Build programs to engage new, active users and increase membership across a wider set of functions
- Work closely with product team that develops the platform our community is built on to influence functionality and act as an early adopter that informs evolution of our solution
- Be a passionate and articulate champion to represent the mission and impact of ServiceNow online community both internally and externally, including showcasing our successful use of our own platform with customers and prospective customers
- Develop productive and collaborative internal working relationships with supporting technology teams and companion teams to optimize outcomes for Community
- Make clear planning, budgeting and technology decisions based on goals to run Community at scale
- Mentor Community team members to support their continued growth and development and to ensure their strengths and expertise can be fully realized to benefit our customers
- Manage operations of Community team and function with high effectiveness—track and ensure delivery of programs meets KPIs, on time, and within budget
- Proactively define then track metrics and report on progress in line with organizational deadlines and to reinforce impact and alignment in ongoing communications with key stakeholders and partnering teams
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology and cloud industries in a customer-focused, strategic leadership role
- 5+ years people management experience
- Demonstrated success leading mature enterprise customer communities effectively to increase members, engagement and impact in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Strong understanding of customer success ecosystem and related dynamics in cloud industry
- Proven track record working effectively with customers, technology providers, customer success, sales, BU’s and marketing to achieve committed outcomes
- Successful experience selecting and managing related technology and business systems and vendors including community management, web analytics, SEO, marketing automating and performance management tools
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills across multiple audiences and methods
- Demonstrated success in building, leading and mentoring teams
- Successful track-record leading functional operations including budget planning, management and forecasting as well as delivering and reporting against KPIs
- Travel will vary, approximately 15%
The Director, Community Engagement will be a passionate leader who is relentlessly customer focused and able to influence internal and external factors to ensure Community is optimized to best serve our customers as part of a broader customer-focused ecosystem. Critical to this role is the ability to build relationships internally and externally at all levels and to bring positive change. The right leader is collaborative, strategic, influential and capable of making tough decisions. They can lead and manage effectively in a large, global, virtually distributed environment. They will proactively measure progress, have a focus on continual learning, and hold themselves and their team accountable for results.
- Superb leadership and influencing skills
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Passionate about customers and enjoys leading customer-focused change in complex environments
- A proven track record collaborating across matrixed, global organizations and navigating complexity to drive results
- Strong teamwork, diplomacy and the ability to lead with vision
- Analytical and strategic approach with track record of turning ideas into successful action
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal and external customer needs; problem-solver mindset
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive - must thrive in a dynamic environment
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, focus on delivering results
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.