Value Management Consultant | 31776
Job Title: Value Management Consultant
Location(s): Santa Clara, CA/Pleasanton, CA
This position reports to: Director, Value Management IP and Scale
Summary of the position:
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We are disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This professional will work closely with leaders throughout the company to ensure our value management tools and assets are threaded throughout our sales motions and sales strategies.
This role requires the professional to work in cross-functional teams comprising of account executives, solution consulting, solution sales, and functional groups.
This individual will help support and drive strategic initiatives that requires a programmatic approach and rigor to ensure successful planning, execution, and delivery.
In this role, you will work on highly complex sales enablement opportunities, gain insight into strategic and operational sales issues, and establish relationships with professionals across the customer success organization.
We are looking for a professional who is an effective influencer, who can rapidly demonstrate impact and value to the organization. The candidate must be very comfortable in areas such as sales strategy, design thinking, and excel in execution including business analysis, problem solving, program management, executive communication, consensus building and people development.
What you get to do in this role:
Evolution on new value approach and strategies
- Work on critical strategic projects for ServiceNow GTM. Work cross functionally to structure problems and develop hypotheses. Conduct analyses to turn available data into meaningful insights and solutions with actionable recommendations and measurable results.
- Develop new approaches to evolve Value Management offerings to drive performance improvements that unlock productivity and accelerate execution.
- Lead the design, evolution, and implementation of sales tools to drive pipeline growth, sales closure, and renewals.
- Lead the evolution of value management content to deliver advance sales operations insights for the global and regional sales leadership team
- Continue to identify unique use cases to leverage value management assets to enable our sales team to pursue customers with a large enterprise business objective, thereby, improving our qualified pipeline opportunities and greater NNACV potential
- Pilot new data driven analytics initiatives at our strategic/enterprise accounts to drive greater understanding of platform health, peer leading examples, and insight for the account team and customer executives
Elevating Value Management pilot-standardize-scale focus
- Create a consistent approach to deploy strategies to enable the field sales teams (pre-sales and post-sales) to execute relevant value-based activities and motions
- Ensure all value management initiatives are based on over-delivery on expected business value and continue to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Elevate the value management function across our global field sales stakeholders to contribute to the overall account(s) sales strategy
- Lead education and training sessions to ServiceNow field sales on available Value Management best practices and toolkits to enable self-service motions
- Design and manage lightweight collaborative processes, including inputs, outputs, and structured communications for keeping models and metrics current and relevant
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
Extensive consultative sales experience with:
- 8+ years of management experience in a top management consulting firm or software company with a focus on value management/engineering, sales transformation, and sustained execution of continuous optimization initiatives
- 3+ years of Program Management experience
- a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance and/or Accounting; advanced degree is preferred
- experience working on go-to-market or sales related strategic and operational topics
- experience working on large strategic initiatives from framing the problem and conducting research / analysis, to building business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success
- a belief that true outcomes are not accidental, they are crafted with relentless preparation, collaboration, and a deep focus on the details
- excellent situational awareness in handling objections in dynamic customer environments
- strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business case materials
- deep financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases
- an ability to create new scalable methodologies and adoption practices
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.