Critical Situation Manager | 23107
Critical Situation Manager
This position reports to: Manager, Critical Situation Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Critical Situation Manager is responsible for leading, planning, and managing the resolution of technical problems with serious consequences to ServiceNow or our customers. The Critical Incident Manager must able to work outside of normal business hours (weekend shifts, holidays, & evenings) as needed. At all times the Critical Situation Manager will ensure:
- The correct people are working on the issue
- Verify progress is being made
- Establish contingency plans
- Deliver consistent communication to Management and customers
- Own the customer situation as a single point of contact for the customer escalation team
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive the ServiceNow Critical Situation Management Process for critical customer situations
- Coordinate with peer managers worldwide on resources, issues and schedules
- Assemble, work with, and manage cross-organizational teams
- Manage and report ongoing CritSit metrics
- Support accurate and consistent maintenance of technical and management escalation processes
- Create and maintain recovery playbooks for commonly occurring customer patterns and issues
- Primary lead for Customer Support during customer outages
- Ownership and execution of the active critical incident management process, including:
- Event analysis, applying the ITIL framework for severity and impact
- Facilitate the resolution effort and determine when it is necessary to engage additional resources if the resolution effort is stalled during the call with stakeholders
- Engagement of escalation management resources
- Manage customer and internal communications at an executive level
- Timeline documentation and review
- Manage event communications:
- Establish and manage bridge calls with engineers and customers on single customer outage
- Attend and drive multi-customer outage bridges
- Crafts business appropriate communications for the affected operating groups and manages communication on a critical incident conference call
- Post event program management
- Conduct post-event analysis, leveraging the ITIL problem management process and relationships with engineering to assure that issues to prevent further occurrences
- Incident Resolution handoffs along with detailed notes and a summary of the business impact and duration to the Problem Management team
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in critical/crisis situation management for technical customer escalations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience supporting and managing technical environments; demonstrated leadership skills under fast-paced, highly dynamic situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, including the ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Crisis management skills: able to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, accurately reflect current state and drive towards desired state.
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings and via email, at all levels of the organization is essential.
- Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people.
- Ability to maintain calm during stressful situations.
- Experience or working knowledge in one (or more) scripting languages:
- Experience or working knowledge with relational databases (e.g.MySQL, Oracle)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.