Software Engineering Manager | 29966
Software Engineering Manager, UX Engineering
ServiceNow is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
The Portal Platform UX Engineering team is creating the next generation of UX infrastructure, a key area of innovation that will transform the future of enterprise experiences.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers in imagining, designing, and creating the next generation of our UX platform. You will collaborate closely with Product Management, UX Design, and other engineering groups to deliver highly reliable and easy to use software. The successful candidate will have an established background in designing scalable systems and developing mission critical software solutions with a strong technical ability, excellent project management and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Create, manage, and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Collaborate on architecture design and technical reviews to ensure high quality software delivery
- Work closely with Product Managers and UX Designers to define new features and products
- Drive roadmap, work across organizational boundaries and exercise appropriate influence to ensure commitment to customers and product quality
- Contribute to product and engineering strategy and roadmap
- Daily management of objections, priorities, tradeoffs, and risks for your Agile/Scrum team
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and career development to team members
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10 years of Full Stack development experience building scalable saas services and applications
- 3 years experience managing software development teams building customer-facing products at enterprise scale
- Ablility to balance technical leadership with sound business judgment
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution
- Proven ability to deliver large scale projects on time while managing competing priorities
- A passion for people management and mentorship; growing team members through
- Track record of hiring and developing technical leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.