Senior UX Researcher - Usability Research | 29789
Sr UX Researcher - Usability Research
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
ServiceNow is a global company that builds global products. What makes our products great is our diverse member base of individuals in the Experience Organization contributing to making the workflow smarter and building innovative products. We embrace representation in all backgrounds and cultures to help propel passion and innovation in our products.
This role is part of the Experience Organization, made up of passionate individuals that drive Insights (Market, Product, Customer, and UX research), product documentation and experience design activities across the ServiceNow platform and product solutions.
We are looking for an experienced usability researcher to own end-to-end summative testing activities in a portfolio of customer solutions. As a part of a global organization, ability to flex your schedule to meet customers availability is essential. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of ServiceNow customers or partners and their end users associated with ServiceNow's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including product research leads and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines and usability testing plan execution.
- Work directly with internal colleagues and external vendors to procure research sample, and partner on research projects as needed.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project, formative, summative, A/B testing.
- Analyze and synthesize data in order to generate strategic research plans including discussion guides, contingency plans and other instruments from rough outline to the final version.
- Prepare reports of findings, create PowerPoint and Excel reports, explaining methods used and insights learned, and presenting research results to key stakeholders and leadership (Director level).
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 1- 5 years of direct experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in user experience and usability testing. Preferably for product development purposes.
- Proven history of independently defining, planning and executing usability testing This includes developing testing plans and ensuring unbiased data collection.
- Can quickly understand customer needs, taking the initiative to interact with customers, managing expectations, responding to their requests, and communicating feedback in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Demonstrates confidence in the data collection process which is evidenced by the ability to naturally engage users and in the aptitude to respond with insightful follow-up questions which increases richness of research data.
- Willing to be proactive and take initiative to learn about ServiceNow products and customers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on complex projects requiring frequent problem solving and critical thinking across a world-wide team.
- While not mandatory, we do strive to find people with enterprise B2B product experience in one or more of our product categories including IT Security Management, IT Operations Management, Security Operations, HR Service Delivery, Customer Service Management, or Finance & Legal.
What we would love to see from you before or during an interview:
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process on how your use usability testing to build Insanely Great Experiences
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
- Demonstration of a usability test plan you have built and executed on
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
Up to 20% annually
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.