Principal Technical Consultant, Federal | 32669
Job Title: Principal Technical Consultant – Federal
Location(s): Remote Position in Washington D.C. Metro Area
Candidate Requirement: Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing prescriptive guidance. As part of the Customer Outcomes team, you will work with our customers to drive consumption, adoption, and customer satisfaction and ultimately help our customers grow their business on the ServiceNow platform by getting them to see the value of their ServiceNow investment.
The Principal Technical Consultant, IT Workflow is the functional and technical expert of a customer engagement team – consulting with customers and configuring the ServiceNow IT Asset Management products based on configuration best practices – all with the goal of accelerating and driving customer business outcomes.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the technical expert in how to best support IT by configuring IT Asset Management Service Delivery using ServiceNow best practices focused on configuration vs. customization
- Support the engagements efforts for IT - specific process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/future-state processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Advise customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow IT Asset Management Solution’s standard capabilities in their efforts to improve their IT processes
- Lead customer design workshops focused on ServiceNow Platform and IT Asset Management Solution technology
- Guiding customers in completing required documentation such as business requirement workbooks for technical aspects of the solution
- Drafting more technically-focused user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Guides and provides ad-hoc oversight/training for the customer’s future system administrators throughout the engagement
- Lead technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery for engagements, sometimes providing oversight and unit testing of partner resources development
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.) with multiple systems
- Develop required portal components
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables focused on the technology and responsible for quality of configured/developed solution
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promoting continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Supporting specific sales activities when required
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs and internal meetings
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- United States Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance
- At least 5 years of configuration/development experience for complex, highly-capable, technologies – inclusive of integrations and portals
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) in an IT environment, while providing thought leadership to IT sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Strong understanding with leading IT and related systems and tools such as Flexera, SNOW Software, BMC, Microsoft, SCCM along with experience with Oracle, IBM, Adobe and Microsoft licensing models.
- Understanding of end-to-end procurement, request, allocation & reclamation process flows
- Ability to interact with customers in regard to contract management
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.