Senior Director, Internal Audit | 29997
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Sr Director, Internal Audit will report to the VP, Audit, Risk, & Compliance and be responsible to lead the day to day operations of the Internal Audit function which includes development, execution, and reporting of the Internal Audit Plan. This role will collaborate closely with Enterprise Risk Management, and Sarbanes Oxley PMO functions in execution against the Audit, Risk, and Compliance goals & priorities. The Sr Director, Internal Audit will also partner with functions across the organization including Finance, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Security, Product, and Engineering to provide risk-based audit and advisory services.
What you get to do in this role:
- Oversee Internal Audit activities globally including, annual planning, risk-based operational audits (Business Operations, Finance, Compliance, & IT Audits), and audit issue management.
- Lead the day to day execution of all operational audits.
- Lead reporting and distribution of Internal Audit reports to senior leadership
- Act as a business partner to key stakeholders to advise on process, risk, control, and compliance related challenges across ServiceNow.
- Develop & maintain leading audit approach and methodology and ensure consistency in quality and execution of internal audits.
- Leverage ServiceNow’s GRC product in support of the company’s NOW on NOW initiative to demonstrate GRC leading practices in the Internal Audit domain.
- Lead, develop, and mentor Internal Audit team to ensure leadership and career development, proper training, consistent execution, and audit skill development.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Management function in the performance of Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Support VP, Audit Risk & Compliance in Audit Committee and Board responsibilities including reporting on critical risks, audit findings, Internal Audit plan status, and issue remediation.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Deep understanding of business objectives and risks associated with a Software and Cloud company, and demonstrated execution of operational audits across Business Operations, Finance, Compliance, Sales, IT and Cybersecurity functions.
- Previous experience in performing Internal Audit’s annual planning process and demonstrated knowledge of leading risk management and assessment practices.
- Advanced understanding of business process and internal control and the demonstrated ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of process and controls by considering relevant risks.
- Demonstrated ability to seamlessly manage a team of 10+ individuals, and project manage multiple audit engagements at one time.
- Strong leadership skills, strategic, analytical, problem solving, decision-making; works under minimum direction
- Ability to work across the organization to evangelize and influence company Internal Audit function.
- Strategic thinking to create vision, and influence company strategic priorities as it relates to audit and risk management activities.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline from a four-year university.
- Minimum Experience Required: 15+ years of work experience in Internal Audit or related areas, with 6+ years in leading audit teams with demonstrated progression of responsibilities required. Previous Big 4 experience preferred
- Previous experience in Technology, Software, or Cloud industries strongly preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: CPA, CIA or CISA
- Willing to travel up to 25%+ is required.
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.