Sr. Principal Product Manager | 23336
Principal Product Manager – Customer Service Management
Location: Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help define and guide the continued evolution of Customer Service Management solution with an emphasis on case management and root cause analysis processes to create new experiences, add value, and solve key problems for our customers. We want someone who will thrive as an individual contributor and work collaboratively with fellow Product Managers, our engineering teams, User Experience and research teams and customers to shape the vision and roadmap for these areas, as well as the execution to develop new products and bring them to market.
Successful Product Managers determine the functionality and experiences that will delight our customers and generate revenue by understanding the overall market opportunities and competitive insights of their products, as well as manage product backlogs and build trusted relationships with developers, quality engineers, pre-sales teams, and directly with customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with product management, engineering, and design team to formulate our vision and roadmap defining the new experiences driven by ServiceNow’s market leading service management platform for advanced case management and root cause analysis.
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of differentiation in Customer Service to create great experiences for our customers and their users
- Serve as an evangelist with internal stakeholders to develop and execute a cross-team strategy for integration into new/existing ServiceNow offerings
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work including the creation of epics and user stories, and be data-driven in prioritizing new features, enhancements and quality improvements
- Work with global 2000 customers to determine unmet needs, business goals, product usage, and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback
- Collaborate with Sales and Solution Consulting teams and key customers to drive adoption and ensure new products are driving successful outcomes in ServiceNow offerings
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective when evaluating day-to-day development decisions
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to produce product overview, licensing, and other go-to-market materials
- Work with Information Development (help files and documentation), Training, Customer Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake and adoption
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Consultant or technical Product Analyst in a commercial software product company
- 5+ years of experience with managing Customer Service, Customer Engagement, Field Service or DevOps software solutions for Enterprise/Large Enterprise markets.
- Bachelor/Master’s in Computer Science. MBA from a reputed business school is desirable.
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible
- Exceptional understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies
- The ability to context switch between future product planning and current product adoption activities
- The discipline to focus on high leverage activities, i.e., being good at saying “no”
- Passion about our products and the possibilities the come from building a world class ecosystem of customers and partners
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- 3+ years of experience delivering software applications on highly scalable and secure Cloud platforms.
- Good understanding of latest trends in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner certification
- Strong technical skills in querying against and transforming big data within both traditional data environment and big data systems
Up to 20% annually
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional but non-stuffy atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.