Design Program Manager, Business Operations | 27132
Design Program Manager – Business Operations
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and become more scalable than ever before. We transform old, manual ways of working into modern digital workflows, so employees and customers get what they need, when they need it – fast, simple, easy.
We are looking for a business operations program manager to support the organizational goals and activities of the Experience Organization. The Experience Organization is made up of passionate individuals that drive user research, prototyping, technical writing, or experience design activities for a portfolio of our product solutions.
Join our team and inspire digital transformations by creating new and compelling experiences for Global 500 companies – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
What you get to do in this role:
Design Operations (Design Ops) is all about enabling our teams to deliver their best work to our customers. You'll join a small, close-knit team that manages operational programs for the entire Experience Organization while also nurturing and building partnerships with critical orgs across the company (HR, IT, Employee Comms, Workplace Services, Product Management etc). We focus on architecting and implementing solutions and business processes that empower our teams to do their best work, including:
- Driving the growth of our team:
- Training programs, professional development initiatives, workshops, capabilities & career ladders, thought leadership.
- Improve the efficiency of our team:
- Operational processes, UX design processes & methodologies, tracking outcomes & key performance metrics
- Improve the employee experience of our team:
- Recruiting strategies, retention strategies, engagement strategies, culture initiatives & internal events
- Improve the productivity of our team:
- Communication strategies, meeting design, facilities & workplace strategies, budgeting & headcount planning, org planning & prioritization
- Solve short-term and long-term operational challenges
- Be the bridge that connects our product management, design, engineering, and business organizations
- Be accountable for measuring success on each program you own
- Responsible for taking small to large, company-wide, mission critical programs/projects from original concept through final implementation
- Design and implement new processes and systems that improve how we work, and the experience of our team
- Work with your peers to ensure a unified and cohesive working experience across our teams
- Ensure adherence to processes, quality standards and deliverables
- Communicate and interface with all areas affected in the product development lifecycle, including cross-functional stakeholders and business sponsors
What you have:
- An awesome attitude, great sense of humor and a commitment to excellence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Management, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Operations and Information Management (OIM) or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management, program management, and/or product management experience
- Experience deploying and running large projects or programs in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with basic design thinking concepts and strategies (journey mapping, problem space identification, assumption mapping, retrospectives)
- Experience utilizing software and/or programs to keep organized, document success, track metrics, and report on progress.
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs
- Solid experience in decision making and negotiating with stakeholders
- Confidently manages ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent communication, problem solving, conflict / resolution management, active listening, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated consistent ability to work with cross-functional teams and deliver solutions while mitigating or removing obstacles
- Knowledge of UX Design principles, user-centered design methodologies, processes and tools
- Previous experience managing operational initiatives in an agency, startup or software company
- Experience working within an enterprise product UX team
- Previous business operations or design operations experience within an enterprise software company
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, unlimited vacation and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented teams in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.