Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering | 26444
Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Hardware Reliability Engineering team is hyper-focused on the reliability, maintenance and repair of the thousands of servers powering the ServiceNow Enterprise Cloud. Hardware, software, firmware, and networking technology are some of the key components behind our cloud, and this team has its finger on the pulse. A tight knit team of experts, working interactively and together to innovate at scale. Come join us!
As the Manager of Sustaining Engineering for Hardware, you’ll be responsible for managing a technically diverse team with responsibilities that are focused on the long-term health and reliability of ServiceNow’s global server fleet. The primary areas that this role will manage are: storage support, hardware support escalations, software development, problem management, and firmware and configuration standards management.
What you get to do in this role:
- You’ll get to manage the day-to-day operations of the Sustaining Engineering team, with a focus on hardware reliability and problem management
- You will be responsible for developing and delivering quarterly projects that have an impact on your team, your organization, or other external teams
- You’ll work directly with our hardware vendors, sustaining our relationships with them and working with them to drive hardware problems to resolution
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- A well-rounded background in Information Technology, preferably with large-scale companies
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- An understanding of enterprise class server hardware (e.g. Dell, HPE, etc.)
- Familiarity with enterprise storage systems (SAN, iSCSI, NFS, etc.)
- Experience in managing long-term projects, including projects where some level of software development was required
EEOE Statement Section
ServiceNow’s EEOE statement is automatically added to each U.S. based job description.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.