Staff Software Engineer | 27376
Staff Software Engineer
This position reports to: Engineering Manager
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- As part of the UX group, you will be part of a team that works on products that help provide immense value to the user experience of the platform such as:
- ServiceNow Virtual Agent, part of the AI solution - helps enterprise customers while reducing agent workload — by automating common support requests, helping people get work done, quickly and easily. Its messaging interface follows you where you want to work — on the web, in messaging clients like Microsoft Teams and Slack, and right on your phone. ServiceNow Visual task board is a neat way that lets enterprise users track their tasks, goals and objectives with interactive drag and drop interface. You will get an opportunity to not only to work on latest technologies like AngularJS , React JS, Machine Learning and NLU as well as Java but also to contribute to major disruption that changes the way enterprise offers services to their employees.
- You will get an opportunity to not only to work on latest technologies like AngularJS and React JS as well as Java but also to contribute to major disruption that changes the way enterprise offers services to their employees.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Experience designing and implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Familiarity with Java or a similar OO language
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with open source technologies like Linux, Apache/Tomcat and MySQL
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Professional traits that are not unique to this position
- Expects innovation of himself/herself
- Has passion and convictions and never satisfied with status quo
- Strong results orientation
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.