Senior Major Incident Manager | 30007
Job Title: Senior Major Incident Manager
Location: San Diego, California
Hours: 4:30PM – 1:30AM Pacific Time
Scheduled: Sunday to Thursday
This position requires the Public Trust Position (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Only US or naturalized citizens will be considered.
This position reports to: Manager, Major Incident Management
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Major Incident Manager is a key driver for managing the resolution of technical problems with serious consequences to ServiceNow or our customers. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization to drive action and foster growth. As a member of the Global Technical Support team, the Major Incident Manager is both technically competent and business oriented. The Major Incident Manager must able to work outside of normal business hours (weekend shifts, holidays, & evenings) as needed. At all times the Major Incident Manager will ensure:
- Drive incidents to resolution and ensure accurate and timely customer and executive level communications.
- Ensure the correct resources are working on the resolution of major incidents appropriate to the severity and identify when escalation is required and trigger such escalation accordingly
- Ensure that incident management processes are followed and that incident post mortems are completed to capture process deviations and areas for improvements
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive the ServiceNow Major Incident Management Process for critical customer situations
- Coordinate with peer managers worldwide on resources, issues and schedules
- Assemble, work with, and manage cross-organizational teams
- Manage and report ongoing CritSit metrics
- Support accurate and consistent maintenance of technical and management escalation processes
- Create and maintain recovery playbooks for commonly occurring customer patterns and issues
- Primary lead for Technical
- Support during customer outages
- Ownership and execution of the active critical incident management process, including:
- Event analysis, applying the ITIL framework for severity and impact
- Facilitate the resolution effort and determine when it is necessary to engage additional resources if the resolution effort is stalled during the call with stakeholders
- Engagement of escalation management resources
- Manage customer and internal communications at an executive level
- Timeline documentation and review
- Manage event communications:
- Establish and manage bridge calls with engineers and customers on single customer outage
- Attend and drive multi-customer outage bridges
- Crafts business appropriate communications for the affected operating groups and manages communication on a critical incident conference call
- Post event program management
- Conduct post-event analysis, leveraging the ITIL problem management process and relationships with engineering to assure that issues to prevent further occurrences
- Incident Resolution handoffs along with detailed notes and a summary of the business impact and duration to the Problem Management team
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in critical/crisis situation management for technical customer escalations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings and via email, at all levels of the organization is essential
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Customer focus and ownership, use of own initiative and a proactive approach to work
- Crafts business appropriate communications for the affected operating groups and manages communication on a major incident conference call
- Extensive experience supporting and managing technical environments; demonstrated leadership skills under fast-paced, highly dynamic situations
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management
- Crisis management skills: able to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, accurately reflect current state and drive towards desired state
- Ability to maintain calm during stressful situations
- A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required
- Experience or working knowledge with relational databases (e.g.MySQL, Oracle)
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.