ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. Our platform delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We’re disruptive. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We've won awards for being the most innovative company on the planet, named as one of the top companies driving organizational digital transformation and were selected to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2019. This gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of talent we look for.
Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization. To sustain our growth, we are looking for people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out!
You will work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
As a senior engineer you will be a key member of a small team of developers. You will help coach and mentor other associates and design and implement new features for the ServiceNow platform. In addition, you will help shape the future of the team’s culture by practicing and encouraging development best practices, participating in code reviews, and aligning the team to organizational goals and objectives.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build highly reliable and scalable cloud-based applications
- Solve real world complex problems at scale on the ServiceNow platform
- Examples of past and previous projects include implementing support for multiple databases, automated error detection and self-healing, instrumentation of the ServiceNow platform to provide new insight into performance problems
- Work with a strong set of teams to improve developing and deploying applications and customizations
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- Be part of a world class engineering organization that takes pride in building extensible and resilient engineering solutions
- Deliver and outstanding experience for our customers
- Work in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) based environment with bright and forward-thinking developers and quality engineers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Firm understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software with a particular emphasis on Java
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of: MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience designing and implementing highly interactive user interfaces for high volume web applications
- Experience in application development building enterprise-grade applications in a high transaction environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Experience designing & building scalable web services
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Good attitude and ability to work on a team
- Customer-focused approach
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.