Industry Products Operations, Director | 30591
Industry Products Operations Director
Job Title: Director, Industry Vertical Product Operations
Location(s): Santa Clara
This position reports to: Head of Industry Products Strategic Operations
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We are dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Industry Products organization is an emerging business within the ServiceNow R&D organization, purposed with building and launching innovative and differentiated Enterprise Products targeted for Industries. The Industry Products Team is key to the ServiceNow growth trajectory, and comprises Product Management, Engineering, QE & Strategic Operations teams working together, and partnering with cross functional teams, to build and take Industry Products to market. This role is within the Industry Products Strategic Operations team.
The Industry Products Operations, Director owns and drives the Operations for Industry Products. This spans Technical Release Planning & Management, Go-To-Market Launch Readiness, Customer Programs, Strategic Initiatives incl. Data and Analytics, Communications Cadence and Operational Processes. This role requires a high energy, organized, self-motivated, resourceful individual with emotional intelligence and ability to think ‘steps ahead’, to juggle multiple priorities, communicate effectively and work with cross functional teams.
What you get to do in this role is bind the entire Industry Products ecosystem together and work with multiple teams and roles. In this process, you will learn about the industry, the product workings and the what it takes to launch products to market successfully. You work impacts the team and keeps the overall momentum to build and take products to market.
You get to;
- Own the End to End Release Planning & Execution and Go-To-Market Operating Cadence for one/two Industry Products
- Establish clear goals, expectations, schedules, milestones and track dependencies for industry product releases.
- Work closely with release management, engineering and industry and horizontal product teams to ensure release milestones and dependencies are on track.
- Manage Scrum of Scrums for Industry Products.
- Establish clear goals, expectation, milestones, and track dependencies, across Industry Go-to-Market (GTM) teams, to ensure enablement content is created/updated per GTM milestones, and handed over to relevant GTM teams, per release. Partner with Product Management to ensure Enablement Plans are created and tracked to completion with enablement feedback solicited for evolving/scaling enablement activities
- Define and execute product operations processes across current and future industry product teams.
- Are on point for Business & Product Adoption/Usage Metrics, Product & Customer Dashboards and information for Product Business Reviews, partnering with Heads of Industry Products, central Product Operations, IT, Sales Finance and FP&A teams.
- Augment other strategic and operational initiatives/programs/projects as they arise
In order to be successful in this role, you have;
- 15+ years of relevant experience in an Enterprise Software company.
- Quick starter who understands product releases and cross functional go-to-market workings of a product organization.
- Utilizes experience, reflection & sensing, to foresee risks in terms of people, process and information, and puts in measures to mitigate them, in advance.
- Demonstrated ability to drive multiple projects/programs simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data and derive insights.
- Excellent collaborator and high energy team player; if the team wins, you win!
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams tactfully and with authority to align and deliver on common goals.
- Clarity in communication with a focus on key messages needed to achieve maximum impact.
- Ability to prioritize work ruthlessly following clearly defined criteria, with stakeholder buy-in.
- Ability to keep momentum in times of change, and scale as organization grows.
- Scrum Certification, MBA or equivalent degree.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented product and functional teams in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.