Corporate Counsel - Privacy (AMS) | 21366
Corporate Counsel, Privacy (AMS)
Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated attorney with 2+ years of proven privacy law experience to join our dynamic legal team. The successful candidate will be located in Santa Clara, CA reporting to the Director, Privacy AMS. The position will be a key part of the Global Privacy Team supporting the strategic privacy goals and providing operational legal support on processes involving privacy and data protection across the organization and particularly in support of AMS commercial team. This is an opportunity to play a key role on ServiceNow’s expanding legal privacy team and to work on challenging global privacy issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide advices and guidance to various departments, including global marketing, procurement, product teams, sales, human resources and the governance, risk and compliance team, in conjunction with the Global Privacy team and under the direction of the Director, Privacy AMS.
- Assist the commercial legal team by reviewing and negotiating privacy-related agreements, DPAs, in support of global sales transactions and procurement
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of privacy related notices, policies, standards, guidelines and processes, including carrying out privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- Support privacy training for various groups within the company.
- Assist in the development of the company’s privacy practices in light of changes in the law in all Global territories, working in co-ordination with the Global Privacy team worldwide.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- JD with strong academic credentials.
- 2+ years of relevant privacy experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department of a technology company.
- CIPP or CIPM certification a plus
- Substantive and demonstrated expertise in privacy and data protection laws and leading implementation of same across an organization.
- Working knowledge of global data transfer mechanisms, including Privacy Shield and Binding Corporate Rules desirable
- Experience conducting privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments.
- A demonstrated practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgement.
- Ability to assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and communication skills with the ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal clients.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.