ITAM Specialist | 29215
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in- between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of
space to grow.
Come join the ITAM Content Management team that is committed to deliver customers across the globe with one single platform to manage all their IT Assets. A key requirement to support effective IT Asset Management is to normalize hardware and software discovery data and reconcile them towards an effective management of IT assets. These require a comprehensive library of hardware and software models from major manufacturers, as well as normalization rules. We are building a team to manage this content service, a critical component of our IT Asset Management solution.
You will be working on building and enhancing the content services, an integral part of our ITAM product that enables our customers to manager all IT assets and provides compliance position.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build Content to help in content normalization service
- Research on various Hardware Vendors, products, models and related content from the industry towards creating the required content library for our ITAM normalization
- Mentor and lead a team of data analysts in researching of market information for various IT Hardware such as Servers, Workstations, Network, Storage devices etc. in the public domain, and normalize them into our content databases
- Work with product management and engineering to design and implement the content service modules
- Design and build, manual and automated systems to keep the content data up-to-date where required
- Perform peer-review of content for quality assurance
- Provide technical solutions for various challenges of managing content data, including development of tools & minor applications
- Design and implement, processes and controls, to maintain and publish new content
- Create and Manage Technical Lab for proactive content management
- Create and maintain project and knowledgebase related documentation
- Support customer issue resolutions including interaction with customers and/or other internal teams where necessary
- Provide trainings to other members of the team in your areas of expertise
- Provide your inputs to Infrastructure team on various automation and infrastructure opportunities
- Interact with major publishers via various channels towards understanding their licensing models, product releases etc.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 4 to 7 years of experience in IT Asset Management (Hardware and/or Software)
- Working knowledge of CMDB & ITAM tools like ServiceNow, Freshservice, Combodo -ITOP, BDNA, SNOW, FlexNet, SCCM, etc.
- Knowledge of various Hardware CI classes and Vendors like Cisco, Dell, HP, Lenovo etc.
- Good understanding of various CI classes and sub-classes and technologies like ESX, NetScaler, IronPort, Exadata etc.
- Implementation of CMDB stand-up projects is a big plus.
- Knowledge of scripting to gather information using tools like SCCM is a big plus
- Experience in driving projects independently
- Strong communication and inter-personnel skills
- Should have an eye for the details
- Content related: Any experience working in a Data Content based project is a big plus
- Should have passion for researching and providing solutions for various challenges
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.