Senior Software Engineer | 25620
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA (HQ)
Alternate Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks, and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re now applying that disruptive thinking to the way people work on cyber security problems. We are poised to change the security landscape by providing every enterprise the tools to respond quickly to cyber security breach and the threat intelligence and analytics to drastically speed up cybersecurity threat detection and resolution.
We Are Looking For:
You are an experienced full stack software engineer passionate about building scalable cloud products and genuinely excited about new technologies to optimize the user experience and ready to push the boundaries of what is achievable. You are looking for challenges and opportunities and have the ability and desire to bring new ideas. You are a team player and will work with other experienced co-workers to help us evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome user experience for our customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Write clean and reusable code
- Build quality by enforcing best software engineering practice (Code Reviews, Unit testing, TDD….)
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, creative designers and developers
- Refactor older applications into modern reusable components
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help sharing knowledge
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Build services and responsive UIs for mobile and web applications
- Experience developing large-scale single-page apps using React, Redux, RxJs, D3.JS…
- Understanding of server-side technologies (Java) and micro-services architecture (design, REST, monitoring, security)
- Experienced with Agile development (scrum)
- Great understanding of REST APIs, asynchronous programming.
- Strong experience gathering requirements. Ability to work with business users and customers.
- 5+ years as a software developer
- A continuous desired to innovate, learn and progress.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their careers by demonstrating an attitude and aptitude to change the status quo.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.