Enterprise Windows Desktop Engineer | 27939
Job title: Windows Desktop Automation Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA or San Francisco, CA
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow’s Client Systems Engineering team is undertaking a strategic initiative to modernize our device management solutions to meet the ever-growing needs of a mobile workforce. As part of this initiative, we are looking to leverage ServiceNow’s Enterprise Mobility Management solution with technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and Windows Store for Business to provide employees the ability to be productive anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
We are seeking a driven and self-motivated Desktop Automation Engineer, who has a proven track record of managing a SCCM enterprise environment but is also ready to embrace the challenges of migrating to modern windows management technologies and who is not afraid to think outside the box and collaborate across service teams.
What you get to do in this role:
- Communicate department goals and procedures to team members
- Lead technical analysis, implementation and deployment
- Coordinate technical activities with key internal and client stakeholders
- Develop and document key solution architecture and design aspects
- Develop technical change requests, migration and test plans
- Provision proof of concept and pilot environments
- Support Project Managers in managing scope variations and risks effectively
- Work with the team to develop problem management and service improvement plans
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to execute technical change
- Ensure team follows best practices and maintain service level agreements
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong SCCM product knowledge and recent experience in leading implementation and configuration
- Strong skills in deploying Windows 10 images, applications and updates to desktops and workstations using SCCM
- Strong Windows server and Print Management experience
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory
- Strong fundamental understanding of available migration strategies, paths, risks and issues with the relevant products
- Intermediate PowerShell scripting
- Experience in leading and supporting cloud transitions
- Must be able to estimate and balance workloads, internal and external expectations; and work in high-pressure engagements with high-profile stakeholders
- Interested in growing by taking on challenging and rewarding projects or assignments
- Ability to learn new product updates and technologies
- Ability to communicate appropriately with client technical and executive staff
- Mentor others/junior staff on your core vendor products and technologies
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.