Services Portfolio Manager | 21929
Job Title: Services Portfolio Manager
Location: Remote, CA
ServiceNow, The Enterprise Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
The Service Management Portfolio Manager is a key position, responsible for developing ServiceNow best practices around Service Management (SM), requiring a highly focused and structured individual with vision who can instigate and drive change.
- Support the development of the Service Management product portfolio through critical insight of industry trends and customer needs.
- Responsible for the creation, deployment and maintenance of ServiceNow Service Management Best Practices documentation including process design documents, workshop presentations, stories, use cases, collaborating closely with colleagues across geographies.
- Ensure internal, customer and partner knowledge portals contain current version collateral to enable delivery teams.
- Ensure continual improvement of Global Service Management Practice processes through consultant feedback.
- Active Participant and Contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that provides Mentoring, Implementation Support, Maturity Maps and Continual Improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through publication activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Provide feedback into BU Product Teams for Continual Improvement of Product Capabilities, Features and Interoperability in consideration of Customer Needs and Requirements
- Identifying areas of SM process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommend solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Ensure tools such as Healthscan, incorporate and are current, with SM best practices based on field collaboration and input.
- Liaise with SM BU product teams to ensure best practice collaboration and alignment, product roadmap input, and overall partnership in place
- Understand future product release roadmap and its impact to field delivery approach, services offered and enablement needs of the delivery team
- Assess impact of upcoming release to existing sales and delivery collateral, including updates to existing, creation of new and communication and enablement to delivery teams.
- Assist in strategic customer meetings providing deep subject matter expertise.
- Participate in workshops shadowing, reverse shadowing to ensure proper use of and to get first hand feedback of the collateral and its use
- Manage and communicate SMproduct portfolio to the go-to market team.
- Provide training and mentoring to other members of the services team
- Up to 20% travel annually including regional travel to garner feedback from local teams
Requirements and Preferred Requirements:
- Proven experience in defining and deploying 'to be' best practice SM processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Extensive experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Track record of successfully demonstrating the ability to translate business objectives, with the applied use of ServiceNow technology, in the context of the client’s environment
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Ability to work with cross functional remote (virtual) groups
- Proven team player and team builder
- Experience as a product manager an advantage
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with leading SM toolsets such as ServiceNow, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk, IBM TSRM/CCMDB and Remedy ARS
- Minimum of 5+ years of global process management experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of Professional Services experience, ideally within a leading consultancy company.
- Proficient in process management competences.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology
- Solid background in IT operational support or consulting, with experience in ITSM/ITIL process analysis and improvement
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL Expert or Service Manager Certification preferred. Experience with other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps an advantage.
- BPM training/certification preferred
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.