Senior Software Engineer | 32228
Senior Software Engineer - ITOM
Location: Bangalore, India
ServiceNow is the world-leading cloud-platform provider helping huge global enterprise organizations to manage their IT environments and services. The company’s robust platform enables building a large variety of applications that streamline multiple processes across the entire business including IT, HR, Finance, Facilities and more.
Sitting in the center of our development environment, the ITOM team is building a unique business-service discovery, modeling, mapping and event management solution. Leveraging unique technology that automatically maps business services to the underlying infrastructure, the solution allows IT to increase service availability, reduce costs, audit its services and improve operational performance and efficiency.
We are helping several Fortune 500 customers to run and manage their data centers using our unique solutions.
Servicenow success is fueling rapid growth for which we need drivers. We are looking for the best IT technology specialist to lead a team of content developers with an end-to-end responsibility of new development from initial design, through testing to production release. The content development would range from developing new patterns for Discovery to developing new connectors for Event Management. We are looking for a passionate technical leader, not afraid of getting hands dirty, who understands the importance of quality and is communicative, fluent in agile processes and methodology.
Required soft skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience with good hands-on experience in technical skills mentioned below
- Advantage for remote work experience (you managed remote employees or was managed remotely)
Technical skills (Must Have)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or software engineering
- Good knowledge of communication protocols (REST, SOAP, SNMP, etc).
- Strong Enterprise software design and architecting skills
- Basic SQL
- Strong exposure to SDLC
- Self-motivated and self-learning
Technical skills (Nice to Have)
- Knowledge and experience in writing scripts in at least one of the following scripting languages: Bourne Shell (ksh/zsh, and such) csh/tcsh, Powershell, vbscript
- Exposure to system administration of UNIX and Windows servers and deploying, configuring, maintaining and administrating large Enterprise Systems/applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, Oracle, Web-sphere, J2EE, ITSM)
- Knowledge of public/private clouds a strong plus
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.