Head of Strategy, Global Go to Market (GTM) | 22643
Title: Head of Strategy, Global Go to Market (GTM)
Position Reports to: SVP, Corporate Strategy
Location: Santa Clara HQ
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion and #1 on Forbes most innovative company list, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As a member of the Corporate Strategy team, this role will focus on the major opportunities to advance our Global Go-to-market efforts. Directly reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this role will act as business partner to the President, Global Customer Operations (aka, Chief Revenue Officer) and serve as a member of his extended staff.
You will be expected to be player and coach – rolling up your sleeves to get work done while also structuring workstreams and providing guidance to others. You are expected to be able to drive work cross-functionally across the entire go-to-market organization in support of C-suite priorities. And you should be a trusted advisor to Global Go-to-market Leadership Team. Regional “Heads of Strategy” report into this role.
In this role you will work on highly complex problems and help the executive team organize, prioritize and execute their strategic agenda. Examples of past projects include: defining and launching Customer Success, defining Global Alliances and Channels Strategy, establishing global market priorities and corporate service levels, re-segmenting our global sales coverage model, aligning and accelerating our global vertical efforts, launching new markets, and creating the board-reviewed, annual 3-year GTM strategy from which annual priorities – like several mentioned above - are derived.
Preferred candidates will have not only several years of top-tier management consulting experience; but also, considerable go-to-market operating experience within Enterprise Software or Technology.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work on critical strategic projects for ServiceNow; work cross functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into meaningful insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process.
- Align corporate strategic priorities into regional application
- Understand and draw insights from key industry and customer trends provide insight to the organization
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operational plans to grow the region
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- Support the Global Leadership in developing key presentations for internal and external audiences, including Board and analyst meetings
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10-15+ years total work experience with a minimum 10 years post-MBA role experience with a top management consulting firm, private equity, or strategy & operations at a technology company (or similar) and 4-8+ years leadership experience. Preferred candidates will have a combination of consulting and operating experience
- Must have experience working on go-to-market or sales related strategic and operational topics
- Experience working on large strategic initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis, building business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success; ability to multitask
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Software industry domain expertise, and the ability to understand complex technology problems is a plus
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline appreciated
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.