Senior Full Stack Engineer | 23648
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location:Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Director, Application Development
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build the best cloud software for enterprises using market leading Service Now cloud platform.
- Work closely with product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation to delivery of high quality products to our customers.
- Collaborate day-to-day with like-minded developers, product managers and quality engineers using agile software development methodology.
- Master new functional areas and take ownership of features that matter to our customers.
- Design features with a commitment to quality and an eye towards how the products will evolve in future releases.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years working in a comparable software development role
- Passion for software development and problem solving
- Expertise in coding efficient, object-oriented, modular and almost bug-free software
- Expertise with Java, OOP, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, REST and associated frameworks
- Well-versed in writing unit tests.
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with data modeling techniques for relational DBs like MySQL
- S or M.S degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experience in building large scale Enterprise Applications
- Knowledge of web application UI and UX
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Familiarity with Unix shell and source control systems and tools such as Git, maven and ant.
- Familiarity with Eclipse or IntelliJ.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.