Staff Performance Support Engineer | 26260
Staff Performance Support Engineer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to capitalise on the company’s momentum. The ServiceNow enterprise IT Service Management platform combines ITIL process support and SaaS delivery to provide a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application in the cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is an individual contributor position within ServiceNow Technical Support organization focusing on ServiceNow Platform Technologies supporting users/administrators of our platform. This individual will be relied upon for their superior knowledge, ability and experience in technical support, cloud technologies and troubleshooting practices to ensure successful resolution of challenging technical situations. This role will be responsible for incident tracking and prioritisation, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting and resolution of the most complicated and critical incidents. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies. Last but not least this individual will provide excellence in customer service to ultimately drive to completions and total resolution of each customer support issue.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. The Technical Support Engineer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) as needed.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Good experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle). Experience needed includes effectively querying tables, managing data/data manipulation and proven demonstrable ability to tune SQL queries
- Good experience administering Linux/Unix OR Microsoft Server
- Good experience using terminal to review large log files, search for patterns, identify issues and manipulate output
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required (or equivalent degree and experience)
- 5+ years providing customer facing technical support (Web based products or e-commerce preferred)
- Strong Familiarity and good experience with Eclipse IDE and code debugging
- Good experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, additional languages advantageous
- Works well in a team environment
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex user issues
- Previous experience with ServiceNow Platform, completion of ServiceNow Fundamentals
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, or CMDB
- Experience troubleshooting and optimising web application performance
- Previous experience in software development(or) software consulting
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting e-commerce applications with catalogue, shopping cart, merchandising and payment handling is highly desirable.
- Experience providing SaaS support is desirable
- The ideal candidate is a university graduate and has at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [email@example.com] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.