Lead UX Designer - Accessibility | 26991
Lead UX Designer - Accessibility
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are always looking for passionate individuals to drive user research, experience design, prototyping, content design and documentation activities for our platform and product portfolios. You will be part of the growing world-class Experience Organization (EO). EO creates new and compelling experiences for ServiceNow – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
What your day-to-day may include:
- Auditing current design system and platform to identify accessibility gaps and opportunities
- Collaborate with user researchers to define and conduct studies to understand our users with diverse abilities’ challenges, access methods, behaviors, and needs
- Creating scalable accessibility design solutions to incorporate into Now Design System and platform canvases
- Initiating frame works and methodologies to assist product designers to audit and create WCAG compliant design
- Evangelizing accessibility best practices and educate the broader audience
What you have:
- 10+ years of experience in UX or interaction design with heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods
- Knowledge in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and expertise in leveraging WCAG to create WCAG A and AA compliant solutions
- Experience in designing accessibility solutions
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted accessible experiences, seeing them through to released products.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions
- Ability to articulate and champion your design solutions based on human-centered design principles and incorporating research data
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with multi-functional and multi-disciplined teams
- High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos to successfully bring a design from conception to launch with minimal supervision
What you may also have
- Experience leading accessibility initiatives
- Experience mentoring designers or leading design teams
- Experience defining or working with a robust design system
- Experience working in enterprise software
- Experience working with global collaborators across time zone
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!
Time Allocation / Prioritization:
Focused on design strategy, creation, execution
Focused on design innovation / new ideas
Focused on mentorship / thought leadership / growth of the team
Focused driving operational excellence
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.