Staff Software Engineer | 30266
Job Title: Staff Software Engineer
This position reports to: Director, Engineering Management
ServiceNow is the leading enterprise cloud. Our SaaS solutions generate revenue of ~$2B annually, and we are still growing over 30% YOY. We are looking for strong developers to help us build out an early stage, fast growing product.
With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Develop & implement AI and machine learning for CMDB uses cases
- Working in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Designed and implement an architecture that allows to ingest at scale a multitude of data points from various data source.
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help drive knowledge-sharing
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Over10+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
- Strong knowledge of Java, REST, XML, Scalable Architecture and reusable architecture pattern.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Lead and mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
It would be even better if you have:
- Researched and implemented deep learning, machine learning and data science approaches to solve business problems.
- Build V1 of AI models and present results to data scientist and non-technical business users.
- Experience with creating enterprise software in one of the application domains in which ServiceNow competes
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Ability to create high performance, scalable systems
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.