Manager/ Sr. Manager - Global Sales Development | 21850
Manager/ Sr. Manager - Global Sales Development
Location: Waltham, MA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are currently seeking a Team Lead/Manager, Sales Development who will be responsible for managing a team of Account Development Representatives and/or Account Development Associates who provide lead generation, business development and qualification activities for the field sales organization by setting qualified meetings with prospective new logo customers and by going deeper and wider within existing enterprise customers. The Team Lead/Manager drives performance by effectively managing the team toward meeting and/or exceeding monthly objectives. The Team Lead/Manager will be aligned to a specific segment with the organization that spans Enterprise, Commercial, MSP (Managed Service Provider), Federal or LATAM sales segments.
A day in the life of a Team Leader:
- Be an inspirational coach and leader to a team of highly motivated and ambitious professionals starting their sales careers in the SaaS marketplace
- Collaborate closely with GDC Sales Director and Team Leader peers to create opportunities and remove obstacles for ADRs to help them drive the GDC strategy in order to meet corporate pipeline and sales goals
- Develop and own a deep understanding of the business segment you cover and what the GTM (go to market) strategy is for that part of ServiceNow’s business
- Work closely with Field Sales Leaders by participating in regular cadences and QBRs; communicating ADR weekly activities and achievements; trouble shooting issues and providing weekly/monthly reports
- Lead one of 5 segments within the West Sales Development team focusing on coaching the individuals on sales effectiveness and opportunity qualification, productivity, time management, and meeting established activity objectives, quotas and MBOs
- Be accountable for quota achievement on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (this position does not hold its own quota; ADR quota rolls up to Team Leader)
- Work closely with Sales Enablement Manager to ensure an effective and timely on-boarding for new hires, including systems, account alignment and training
- Provide regular 1 on 1 and group coaching by listening to calls and providing feedback; leading regular team calling and elevator pitching sessions
- Ensure ADRs meet calling, email and social media activities by helping them to meet daily activity goals
- Ability and attention to detail in order to work with internal CRM system to route leads to the appropriate ADRs, reassign, manage day to day activities
- Participate and work closely with Field Marketing Managers in developing marketing and sales campaigns with the objective of hitting desired goals
- Perform monthly performance appraisals for all ADRs and administer performance improvement plans for any under performance
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for the effectiveness sales organization
- Understand and maintain current knowledge on ServiceNow’s services and applications
- Keep informed on competitive services, promotional matter, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Utilize resources and perform research to determine sales patterns and strategies
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Healthy self-confidence and a team-player mentality, mature, hard-working, possessing business acumen, professionalism and the ability to be authoritative when necessary
- The ability to motivate and inspire to help ADRs meet and exceed goals
- Experience in direct sales management and/or sales development experience in enterprise software sales or equivalent
- If not experience in a manager or supervisory role someone who has coached teams or groups of people in sports or similar
- Experience developing effective business relationships with all levels of internal and external client management
- Must possess, strong oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills and possess characteristics that demonstrate ethical professionalism, assertiveness as a 'doer', always 'selling', adapts quickly to change, and as a catalyst influencing others
- Must be able to organize and manage sales campaigns that may include various cross functional support from operations and/or marketing
- CRM experience or comparable sales force automation tool
- Enterprise IT infrastructure / application knowledge a plus
- ITSM Industry and or company knowledge a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. This role is a great springboard to many opportunities within ServiceNow and in leadership roles of all kinds.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.