SWAT - Cloud Operations Engineer | 24065
Action: SWAT - Cloud Operations Engineer
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
SWAT team is on top of all the other team when it comes to fixing issues, using the latest knowledge and technologies, and working together with cross functional teams CS, SRE, development, automation, system administrators, so very dynamic environment working with team all over the world.
If you are a technical person you can go up to IC7 and have aspiration to grow and the business requirements are there you can grow with the company.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work on technical problems and incidents related to DB and Applications.
- Learn basic aspects of the application and become SME’s in 2-3 areas for the application.
- Work with the team to maintain weekend on-call rotation only for your timezone.
- Work with developers on best practices and provide insight how we benefit from them in the application.
- Advise and contribute to the overall snow platform improvements.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- database management and performance tuning
- Proven experience with concurrency, multithreading, and distributed system architectures
- Unix skills: including development, navigation, file manipulation, permissions, searching/finding files and text contents, and administrative actions.
- Must have is the eagerness to learn, to develop. Self driven personality, strong problem solving and analytical skills, fast learner and sharp and be able to cope in fast pace dynamic environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.