Data Engineer | 24817
Santa Clara, CA
At ServiceNow, we know a career is a journey, and it starts with exposure to real work. Here at ServiceNow you’ll be given responsibilities that allow you to directly impact and build our company.
Who are we?
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
- Leverage prior experience and industry standard best practices to analyze cross functional data and provide insights to business teams.
- Gather business requirements from stakeholders on various analytics initiatives.
- Analyze requirements, determine optimal solutions and determine gap from current state, dependencies and ways to mitigate risks.
- Define required data integration requirements between various systems and work with extended team to get them created.
- Ability to develop solutions for API based Integration using any scripting language(python preferred).
- Creating Batch jobs to extract data from different flat files like .csv, excel work books and any RDBMS data sources.
- Capable of using Query, Validation, Case, Merge, SQL, Map Operation, Key Generation, Reverse, Pivot transformations extensively in developing complex ETL mappings including validation, Error handling and Alert mechanism capabilities.
- Implement snapshot processes, data refresh schedules, exception handling procedures as necessary.
- Migrating batch/real-time jobs between different environments using central repository and schedule Jobs using Management console.
- Leverage replication tool Perspectium to replicate data from ServiceNow Instances to data warehouse for the reporting needs and ensure data consistency with the source.
- Configure and Maintain Perspectium. Explore and leverage new features in Update sets to build solutions for complex business needs.
- Plan, design, and implement application database code objects, such as stored procedures and views.
- Write Python/PowerShell/Shell scripts to integrate data from multiple cloud instances and databases.
- Follow all documented architecture, design & deployment processes to ensure compliance with policies.
- Develop functional subject matter expertise within various areas of enterprise business processes.
- Collaborate with IDC BI team to translate business requirements and get appropriate data solutions developed to meet business need.
- Keep pace with latest technology advances in SAP HANA, Snowflake and BI tools.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong Experience as a ETL Developer in data warehouse technologies.
- Strong Experience as a SAP BODS ETL developer
- Strong Experience as a Perspectium developer and Administrator.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability and be able dive into technical details and design analytics solutions.
- 3+ years of SAP HANA/Snowflake experience is a must.
- 3+ year of ServiceNow platform experience is must.
- Experience in any programming language. Python preferred.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Perspectium, BODS, Snowflake, Job Servers and Repositories & Users creation
- Good experience in Hadoop technologies like sqoop, hive, spark, impala
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work individually and in a broader geographically disperse team.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.