APJ Customer Advocacy Marketing Director | 23468
APJ Customer Advocacy Marketing Director
Location: Sydney, Australia
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better. ServiceNow is the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1B ($2B+ current run rate), is growing at 40% year on year, and employs a workforce north of 6,000 globally. For more information, please go to: www.servicenow.com
We are looking for a leader to build a strategic and scalable customer advocacy presence in APJ. This will entail developing relationships with top customers and working with them to share their stories in mutually beneficial ways, including: engaging customer videos, written stories, business value studies, media interviews and keynote speaking opportunities. This will also entail developing strong connections, processes and strategic alignment across internal teams to ensure we focus customer storytelling efforts in alignment with go to market messages and priorities. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Customer Advocacy in the marketing organization.
- Increase ServiceNow's awareness across APJ and enable the ServiceNow sales organization to close deals faster by delivering customer testimonials that create market and selling impact
- Develop strategic alignment in region with sales, marketing, product marketing, communications, and customer success regarding customer storytelling priorities, the model for cross-teams working together to identify and produce compelling stories, and how to ensure stellar customer experiences when they engage in advocacy activities
- Create a scalable and repeatable process for identifying and nurturing customer advocate targets in alignment with go-to market priorities
- Proactively recruit and engage customers to join the ServiceNow customer advocacy program that attracts and appreciates customers
- Manage high-touch relationships with customer advocates and strategic customer executives to develop and deliver mutually beneficial advocacy plans, including working with customer and internal executives on stories, media pitches, and keynote preparation for Knowledge, Sales Kickoff and major regional events
- Develop and drive internal planning, communication and reporting processes that ensure alignment and status transparency with key stakeholders regarding customer requests and assets so business partners are comfortable and informed regarding progress with customers
- Ensure delivery against program KPIs, including publishing of targeted customer stories, keynote speakers for major events, PR/AR coverage, references for key product announcements and marketing campaigns, plus provide monthly/quarterly/year-end reporting on accomplishments against goals
- Develop region-specific strategies to drive global customer advocacy and increase usage of customer reference content
- Ensure agencies are trained and leveraged effectively for consistency and quality
- Refine and oversee end-to-end process for creating customer content, including interviewing and producing impactful written and video success stories in alignment with go-to-market messages
- Refine vendor relationships and manage APJ customer advocacy budget to planned number
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology and cloud industries in a customer advocacy, customer reference or customer-facing marketing role
- Demonstrated success delivering compelling customer stories—written, video and stage, with ability to share published examples
- Proven track record working effectively with customer and internal executives, sales, BU’s and marketing to build strong relationships and achieve outcomes
- Past successes working with large brand customers to engage in customer advocacy, including ability to effectively navigate internal customer requirements for communications and legal approval
- Strong APJ market knowledge with experience working successfully across the region and in individual countries
- Clear understanding of marketing, sales and communications priorities and track record successfully partnering to deliver high impact customer stories
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- An analytical and strategic approach with a track record of turning ideas into successful action
- Fluent written and spoken English required, multiple languages a plus
The Director Customer Advocacy, APJ is a passionate customer advocate who is inspired to bring our best customer stories to life in support of ServiceNow core value messages and in a way that benefits and appreciates our customers. This person is a proactive leader and strong collaborator who will naturally build very productive relationships. They are a go-to leader in region that represents our customer advocates and works very closely with marketing, sales, customer success and BU colleagues to align on priorities, set goals and deliver a high-impact advocacy presence.
- Very strong leadership and influencing skills
- Passionate about customers and enjoys leading customer-focused initiatives in complex environments
- Proven track-record working with internal and customer senior executives to align on priorities and deliver business outcomes
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal and external customer needs; problem-solver mindset
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive - must thrive in a dynamic environment
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive company where employees feel that they belong. This means that individuals seeking employment at ServiceNow are considered without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability which is likely to affect you during any part of the application process, you may contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process.