Staff DevOps Engineer, Big Data Analytics | 22739
Job Title: Staff DevOps Engineer, Big Data Analytics
Location: Santa Clara, CA; San Francisco, CA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This position is with the service now big data team. The big data team is responsible for:
- Collecting, storing and real-time access to large amount of data
- Provide real time analytic tools and reporting capabilities for various purposes including:
- Monitoring, alerting and troubleshooting
- Anomaly detection
- Capacity planning
- Data analytics
The big data team is a central player in the Service now organization. Our mission is to:
Deliver state of the art Monitoring & Analytics solution by employing new tools, systems and methodologies that improves our Operations, Support and Product Development allowing them to have increased customer satisfaction
What You’ll Do
- Support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management for our BigData team
- Own, manage and improve our release process
- Improve our build tools to make sure our build release process more efficient and reliable
- Build and maintain tools needed during release pushes.
- Help troubleshoot issues in production Hadoop clusters
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Computer Science major is preferable.
- 5+ years of Build/Release and DevOps combined.
- Solid understanding of source code version control systems (Git, gerrit, Gitlab etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with software deployment of Java applications as Linux RPM package
- Experience with continuous delivery and integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Artifactory
- Experience with build/SCM tools Maven, Ant, Gradle
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge
- Experience writing build scripts using bash scripting, Python
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet/Ansible
- Team player with good communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, attitude of fixing problems
Nice to Have
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Scala
- Working knowledge of test automation
- Working knowledge of Hadoop based big data platform HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Spark, Kerberos
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Cloud Platform Development team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.