Senior Mobile UX Designer | 24408
Senior Mobile UI/UX Designer
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
ServiceNow is spearheading initiatives to deliver consumer-like mobile experiences to the enterprise world and become a native mobile enterprise cloud platform.
Are you interested in unleashing greater productivity and convenience for employees who want to work mobile first, anytime, anywhere? If so, we are looking for multiple Mobile UI/UX Designers who have created mobile landscapes and who have a desire to contribute in a fast-paced collaborative environment. You must be able to create sophisticated, innovative, and user-friendly designs for Android and iOS devices. This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in building product vision and execution with our emerging mobile technologies.
You will be part of the growing world-class Design Experience Organization (EO). EO creates new and compelling experiences for ServiceNow – enabling people around the world to get more done, faster than ever before!
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with a tight-knit team of experienced iOS, Android, and web developers.
- Design the applications that define the ServiceNow mobile experience.
- Work closely with product management in UX ideation and innovation.
- Help ensure a unified and cohesive experience across the ServiceNow ecosystem.
What we expect you to achieve in this role:
- Gain ownership and leadership in multiple design domains
- Effectively supports 1-2 subordinate designers
- Works independently on impactful, mission critical projects
- Advances projects with specific skills
- Design work emphasizes timely production and meaningful iteration
- Polished work quality with minimal, if any, need for senior designers to cleanup
- Consistent high-quality deliverables that demonstrate design thinking
- Pushes design boundaries to drive excellence
- Iterates in a proactive, communicative, generative and timely manner
- Documents work assets and packages deliverables to facilitate expedient use by others
- Utilizes Senior Designers to move past design friction
- Utilizes Associate Designers & Senior Designers in order to deliver high-quality mobile experiences
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- College Degree (or equivalent experience) in visual design, interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, or related disciplines.
- An inspiring portfolio representing the process you follow to build insanely great experiences
- Demonstration of any accessible projects you have built
- At least 4-8 years designing mobile apps across various platforms (iOS, Android, Web).
- Deep understanding of iOS and Android UI conventions, including the HIG and material design.
- Expert with Sketch, Photoshop, or other design tools.
- Ability to do rapid prototyping in Keynote, Framer, Principle or similar tools.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into clean solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment.
- Irritated when encountering pull door handles that can only be pushed inward.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and truly agile environment. Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a “make it work” ethos.
- Knowledge of web design technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Experience working in an agile or incremental manner
- Experience with Git
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and an exciting, start-up atmosphere. We are a collaborative and merit driven team, where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers while working with advanced technology and a talented development team, come join us!
Time Allocation / Prioritization:
Focused on design strategy, creation, execution
Focused on design innovation / new ideas
Focused on mentorship / thought leadership / growth of the team
Focused driving operational excellence
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.